Thursday, December 31, 2009

I have an old brownie camera and I can't figure out how to open it. Can anyone advise me about it?

I have an old brownie camera that came from my Grandmother. Is there a way to open it to see if it has any film in it? If there is, is there a way to get it developed? I think it is a Brownie Sixteen or something like that. Any advice concerning this thing would be great.I have an old brownie camera and I can't figure out how to open it. Can anyone advise me about it?
The brownies typically have a little red colored window, about a half inch in diameter, in the back. If you can see any printing in the window, or anything other than a dark void behind the window, the roll of film isn't finished. If that's the case Turn the winding knob to wind it up. if you thinks there's any pictures left after advancing the film, you might try taking a few.





If there is film in there, don't be surprised if the pictures turn out poorly if at all. Film deteriorates over the years. Also, if color film was used, the modern color film processing chemicals may not be compatible with the older color film - several changes were made in the process over the years.





If you don't know how to remove the film, or don't feel comfortable doing it, take it to a professional camera shop. It's easy if you've seen it once, but impossible to describe by text.I have an old brownie camera and I can't figure out how to open it. Can anyone advise me about it?
Don't open it it you think there may be film in it. Take it to a camera shop, so if there is film there, you can have it developed.
If you think there's film in it take it to a shop like every one else said. But if the little red film window is clear in back, those old brownies had two different ways to open them. ! they had a couple of little catches on them one on top, and one on the side. they should be easy enough to unlatch. the other style had a pivoting latch on the back that just flips up. For both styles you then had to pull out the film winder knob, and the back half should come out. If there is film in it, the chances of it still being any good are probably pretty slim. If it was your grandmothers, I'm betting it probably hasn't been used in decades. Try if you like, but don't hold your breath.
check out this site:http://www.brownie-camera.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment