Monday, December 21, 2009

I cant figure out what kind of axle i have on my 92 Sierra?

Its an aftermarket straight axle on the front. Its a 10 bolt, the pumpkin is on the drivers side, and it has leaf pads on both sides of the pumpkin. No stamp anywhere on axle. Original Transmission, Locking Hubs. THe wheel bearings and seals are busted and i dont know what to buy. Everywhere i go people look at me crazy so it must be odd. Thanks for your helpI cant figure out what kind of axle i have on my 92 Sierra?
Go to the dealer ship and take the vin# with you and they can tell you what you want to know.I cant figure out what kind of axle i have on my 92 Sierra?
Some one stripped independent suspension and added a solid axle with leaf spring suspension


Your best bet is to find the previous owner and ask what type if axle it is if he did the swap


Look really close at the webs near the pumpkin for a #


Probly not a GM axle due to the fact that most older solid axles were offset to the passenger side for the transfer case


Maybe a dodge axle, most fords are ford unique and obvious
Some thing is'nt adding up here,i have a 1988 chevy 4x4 that has on the fly with half shafts,no lock-outs.Please email me with more details

No comments:

Post a Comment