Thursday, December 31, 2009

How would my approximate ELO rating translate into a ballpark figure of what my FIDE or other rating would be?

I just took an ELO estimator based on 10 situations of real masters and what my chosen moves were (http://www.chessmaniac.com/ELORating/ELO_Chess_Rating.shtml) and scored a 1620. How would that translate into an approximate FIDE rating?How would my approximate ELO rating translate into a ballpark figure of what my FIDE or other rating would be?
I just took this test and I recognized some of the positions like Fischer's Be4! +-





these problems are all tactically based I would say it is a good indicator of your tactical strength (so you calculate tactics as well as a fide 1620) but as for overall play its not a good indicatorHow would my approximate ELO rating translate into a ballpark figure of what my FIDE or other rating would be?
Supposedly 1 to 1, however I have a question or two





First, how good a predictor is that site? (Sorry, could not open that link.)





Second, provisional? It estimates you to have an estimated rating?





Not based on ten games, based on 10 moves. Talk about small sample size.:)





Yes, you were a provisional 1620 for those ten moves, but could you get to those positions?





Personally I'd put more stock in it than a Chinese fortune cookie, but not much.

No comments:

Post a Comment