Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Is there an easier way to figure cubic feet?

This is how I am doing it as I have no background in math or physics hated them in college and passed with ';very generous D's'; aka all we had to do was show up and we passed.





I have to figure cubic feet for a remodeling job my husband is doing and thus the heating and cooling which seems to go by cubic feet.





This is an example of how I am doing it which I think is right but am not sure.





I am using my parrot cage! LOL





It is 36'; x 24'; x 48'; in height.





So I take 36inches x 24 inches and I get 864 and then I take 864 inches x 48 and I get 41472.





Then to change it from 41472 cubic inches to cubic feet I am thinking to simply take 12 inches x 12 inches and I get 144 and then 144 x 12 and I get 1728.





So now I know that there are 1728 cubic inches in one cubic foot. So now I take the total cubic inches of my parrot cage which is 41472 and DIVIDE this by 1728 and I get 24.





SO...... my parrot cage with inside dimensions of 36';x 24'; x 48'; in height has 24 cubic feet.Is there an easier way to figure cubic feet?
you could also have done this ...





36'; x 24'; x 48'; = 3' x 2' x 4' = 24 cubic feetIs there an easier way to figure cubic feet?
You can always convert all your inch dimensions to feet first then multiply those 3 numbers to get your answer already in cubic feet. Just divide your inch measurement by 12 to change it to feet. :)
That one way to do it. It might be easier to start with feet. Your parrot cage is 3 feet x 2 feet x 4 feet. 3 times 2 times 4 = 24.
It's always easier to use the metric system. Measure each side in centimeters. Multiply the three numbers and divide the result by 32 three times (one foot is 32 centimeters). The result will be the volume in cubic feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment