Tuesday, December 15, 2009

What is a good brand for figure skates?

I have a pretty expensive pair of skates but I am thinking of getting new ones. I am not sure what brand I should getWhat is a good brand for figure skates?
Well, if you want a less expensive custom boot, I swear by my Klingbeils (I have two pairs one for ice and one for my roller skates). I can think of a few things I've heard over the years:





1) Harlicks are very hard and take a long time to break in, but they last half of forever unless you have a really punishing skating schedule.





2) Ridell's are ';light'; weight and may not hold up to heavy jumping. They also ';run narrow'; so if you have wide feet, they may not be good for you.





3) Risports are easier to break in because they are a bit softer, but I have heard of people saying they break down faster than other brands for the very same reason.





4) I have heard a couple of people say that they had Jacksons for beginner boots and quite liked them. So if you are a beginner (you don't sound like it) they might be worthwhile.





5) If you require a custom boot, get Klingbeils. They rock.What is a good brand for figure skates?
Harlick. Custom made, they lasted me five years. I highly recommend that brand.
i skate and i have had three pairs of ridells this year so far for me they break down easily if you want custom harlicks if not there is sp terries, jackson, and ridell
What level of skating are you doing? The better brands of figure skates are:


Riedell


Jackson


Harlick (for higher level skaters)


Sp-Terri


Klingbeil (for higher level skaters)


I really like Riedell's skates they are very comfortable and are of very good quality. Everybody has their preference for skates, and I would suggest talking to your coach and local pro shop to see what skates are the best for you. Trying on skates and also give you a good feel for them, so you can tell if there are any spots that are super uncomfortable or anything. Good luck!
i have never had ridells or jacksons because everyone who i skate with who has had them hated them. they are awful for higher levels, good for up to 1 foot spins and easy single jumps (besides axels)





i use to have GAM skates, and i absolutely hated them





i have had GRAF skates for 3 years and they are great! they hold up really really nicely and they come in different weights (mine are extra light)


i dont know where you can get them in the states, but i live near detroit, so i went to canada for them. if you live near windsor i highly reccomend Brian's Pro Shop. they are GREAT
I like Gams. They're from Canada and they're heat modable but not too many people have them. Ask about them at your skate shop if you're interested cause they may have to order in a pair.
helloo=D jacksons, riedells, SP Terris, Risport, Harlick, etc, they are all very good brands but you should also care about the model not just the brand. They are good cuz the boots are made of leather and they offer a great ankle support also the blade is important you should choose some of your level like MK Wilson or Ultima, etc.!=D To search for a model you like try www.skatebuys.com or ask your coach or a skating pro shop good luck!!!=D
Maybe You'll Find One At www.skatebuys.com.
I like Reidells, personally. My Second Choice would be Jackson.

No comments:

Post a Comment