Tuesday, December 15, 2009

What was my doctor trying to figure out?

Today I had a preliminary visit with a mental health doc. She asked me a question and said it was very important. She wanted to know if I had a running narration of my day ever in my head--like ';pick up pot, add water'; etc--or if I ever had odd fleeting thoughts--like ';I could run over that pedestrian w/ my car. Boy, that was a stupid thought.';What was my doctor trying to figure out?
She dosn't think you're insane! The person who said that is mean.


She probably is just rying to figure out what is wrong with you. Maybe she thinks you're bi-polar.What was my doctor trying to figure out?
Schizophrenics often hear a running commentary about their day.


She would have asked you those questions to establish if you could have schizophrenia.


I am Bipolar and I can categorically tell you it doesn't make you hear a commentary.


Odd thoughts, prob give an indication of how much of a danger you could be to others.


I think you could ask her what those questions indicate!! I am sure she wouldn't mind telling you. :-)
she your bipolar or something
They ask this for OCD too...I know, I have it.
Maybe she is thinking OCD or AD?

No comments:

Post a Comment