Thursday, December 17, 2009

Can any high school art teachers help me figure out how to become a high school art teacher?

I cannot for the life of me figure out what I need to do this. What kind of degree do i need? how long will it take me? Is there an online college with this type of degree program? HELP!!!!!!!!!Can any high school art teachers help me figure out how to become a high school art teacher?
Going to a high school art teacher is a great start. They can share with you just how they secured the position they have. For the basics on what type of degree is needed, how long it will take, if programs are available online, etc., why not try calling the nearest college or university and simply asking them? It's definitely more than ok to do this. You'll probably want to call the Admissions office and say ';Hi, I'm really considering becoming a high school art teacher. Could you connect me with the art education department so that I can find out more about this career option? Thanks.';





Different schools have different requirements. The standard degree to have is a BA in Art Education, but some schools will likely have it linked to a Masters program as well. If you don't like any schools in your area, then look at others (google them online to find contact numbers). There's nothing wrong in going straight to the source, in this case, the college/university and asking a few questions. Good luck!Can any high school art teachers help me figure out how to become a high school art teacher?
I think you need a degree in Fine Art or an art related subject. This means you will need to do a 1 year foundation art course and then a 3 year B.A and then a one year PGCE. This is typical for U.K high school art teachers.
You need a Bachelors degree in Secondary Education. Four year colleges offer these degrees. Do some research into local or state colleges in your area.

No comments:

Post a Comment