Monday, December 21, 2009

Any good books on how to construct the figure using planes for drawing?

I know anatomy very well and how to draw from eye but I can't seem to construct the figure out of planes properly and I desperately need a book with instruction on how to do this...Any advice? Anything out there like bridgmans ';constructive anatomy'; but more in depth, I think the hogarth books are too well rendered to be helpful as tools to construct the body out of planes, I just need abbreviated shapes and proportion information.Any good books on how to construct the figure using planes for drawing?
I have found that the book ';The Figure'; by Walt Reed to be helpful. Anything by Glenn Vilppu is helpful. Go to www.awn.com to find his stuff. He has videos and dvd's you can send for. I play them in my figure drawing class for my students. And, my students love them. He has a tendency to go on and on though but they are very instructive. Another book you might look into is Drawing the figure by Jack Hamm. Also, books on drawing the figure for comic books or animation sometimes help. I'm sure you could find alot at your local library.


I hope this helps.Any good books on how to construct the figure using planes for drawing?
Have you looked at the whole Drawing from Life series by Bridgeman? I know there's several small books that you can get seperately.


One that I have found helpful for proportions is a book I was assigned for one of my drawing classes by Joseph Sheppard. It doesn't really go into planes, but it has pretty good line drawings of the musculature, and that knowledge makes it a little easier to visualize figures three-dimensionally.
hexagon 2 at daz 3-d studio!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment