Wednesday, January 6, 2010

If a website says its ringtones are free will Verizon figure out a way to charge me extra?

I don't want to pay a dime.If a website says its ringtones are free will Verizon figure out a way to charge me extra?
Well, if your phone is like mine, the ringtone has to be in the internal memory (as opposed to a microSD card) of the phone to work. Without a custom phone mod, you Can Not transfer ringtones into the internal memory of the phone unless you buy them from a Verizon vendor (ie. Get It Now).


This is the problem with Verizon. While they have excellent phone service, they have locked up the rest of the phone tighter than a you know what. You can not upload your own ringtones or java programs (they use BREW). While I can't speak for all phones they make, this is my general understanding. Certain popular phones have phone specific mods that you can google. These mods involve changing data used by the internal phone programs. Once these mods are enabled, the transfer from the microSD or from a computer to the internal memory will then be enabled. However, you must be very careful in making them or your phone will end up as a glorious paper weight.


However, I know nothing about this! -:)


I have heard that there are alternative clever methods created by people which are applicable across all phones which don't involve moding. I haven't tried any of these but you can try googling them also.If a website says its ringtones are free will Verizon figure out a way to charge me extra?
yes they will charge u

No comments:

Post a Comment