Wednesday, January 6, 2010

How can I figure out the 2D surface with dimensions from a 3D cone?

I have the following dimensions for a 3D cone: top ID: 12';, Bottom ID: 2';, Sides of cone: 6';. I want to make a cone out of sheet metal so I'm trying to figure out how much I will need. I know the circumferences of the top and bottom (37.699';, 6.283'; respectively), but I cannot figure out how exactly to curve the tops and bottoms.How can I figure out the 2D surface with dimensions from a 3D cone?
I'm thinking it would be a trapizoid? (isnt that where 1 pair of sides is parallel, and other pair isnt?).


So, the bottom base is 37.699, top base is 6.283 which would be parallel to each other.


And the other sides, which are slanting toward each other,


are 6 each.
  • skin disease
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment